Monday, March 19, 2012

Snow White and The Huntsman

Lips red as blood. Hair black as night. Bring me your heart my dear, dear Snow White.

I'm not a big fan of Kristen Stewart but her new movie, Snow White and The Huntsmen, looks more than compelling. Directed by Rupert Sanders, Snow White is no ordinary retelling of the fairytale, although in reality many of Grimm's fairy tales have a dark side to them that we often gloss over. I could never read them before bed when I was a child, they always made my over-active imagination run wild.

Snow White (Kristen Stewart) is the fairest in the land and Queen Ravenna (Charlize Theron) is furious. She decides that she needs the heart of Snow White so she sends her trusted Huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) to bring back her beating heart. But the Huntsman is unable to kill the young woman and instead decides to train her as a warrior who will attack the Queen.

The trailer provides a peak at a movie that presents the tale in a dark manner, with frightening monsters, a queen steeped in evil, and plenty of battle scenes reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. The movie opens in theatres, June 1, 2012.


No comments: