Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Year in Review: Best and Worst of 2011

I've read many books this year, some have been fantastic, enjoyable reads, others not so much.
Below are a few of my top reads for 2011. I haven't put them in any specific order but definitely Delirium is up there along with a 2010 book, Matched (which my library system didn't receive until 2011) as probably my overall favourites.

Top Young Adult Fiction Books:

1. The Future of Us by Jay Asher
2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
4. Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggari
5. Bunheads by Sophie Flack
6. Queen of Water by Laura Resau
7. How To Save A Life by Sara Zarr
8. Karma by Cathy Ostlere
9. Eve by Anna Carey
10. Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
11. The Tiffin by Mahtab Narsimhan
12. Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Septys

Most Disappointing Books:
These books I anticipated reading but ultimately were very disappointing for one reason or another.

1. The Fox Inheritance by Mary E. Pearson
2. The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller
3. David by Mary Hoffman
4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
5. You Have Seven Messages by Stewart Lewis
6. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
7. In Trouble by Ellen Levine


Top Adult Fiction Books
I managed to squeak in a few adult fiction novels but there are still many left untouched this year (again).

1. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
2. Far to Go by Alice Pick
3. Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
4. Tell It To The Trees by Anita Rau Badami

Best Movie:

Hands down, it was Hugo.

Weirdest Movie:

By far, it was The Three Musketeers, which despite the very original twist, I did enjoy.

No comments: